School of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering
UCD is the largest University in Ireland with almost 25000 students and 1600 academic staff. It has 216 EU FP7 contracts, incl. 76 Marie Curie Actions (17 ITNs). Civil Engineering is ranked 125th in the 2014 QS World University Rankings.
- Miss Sofia Antonopoulou – click to view profile
- Mr. Siyuan Chen – click to view profile
- Mr. Daniel Cantero – click to view profile
- Dr. Arturo Gonzalez – click to view profile
- Dr. Aoife Ahern – click to view profile
- Prof. Debra Laefer – click to view profile
- Prof. Eugene O’Brien – click to view profile
- Dr. Ciaran McNally – click to view profile
- Dr. Mark Richardson – click to view profile
Partner in FP5 SAMARIS (Sustainable and Advanced Materials for Road InfraStructures), FP6 ARCHES (Assessment and Rehabilitation of Central European Highway), COST345 on safety and serviceability assessment of highway structures, FP7 ASSET (Advanced Safety and Driver Support for Essential Road Transport) Direct_Mat and Re-Road (develop knowledge and innovative technologies for enhanced end of life strategies of asphalt pavements) projects. Coordinator of ITN TEAM (€3.17 million) which aims to deliver new technologies for sustainable transport. Coordinator of FP7 SMART Rail (€2.8 million) which aims to reduce replacement costs, delay and provide environmentally friendly maintenance solutions for aging infrastructure networks.
- OBrien, E.J., Keogh, D.L., O’Connor, A.J. (2014), Bridge Deck Analysis, Taylor & Francis, 2nd edition (1st published 1999).
- Gonzalez, A, OBrien, E.J., McGetrick, P (2012), Identification of damping in a bridge using a moving instrumented vehicle, Journal of Sound and Vibration 331(18):4115-4131.
- McNally, C, Sheils, E (2012), Probability-based assessment of the durability characteristics of concretes manufactured using CEM II and GGBS binders, Construction and Building Materials,30(5):22-29.
- Keenahan, J., OBrien, E.J., McGetrick, P.J., González, A. (2014), The use of a dynamic truck-trailer drive-by system to monitor bridge damping, Structural Health Monitoring, 13(2), March, 183-197.
- Truong-Hong,L, Laefer,DF, Hinks,T, Carr, H (2013),Combining an Angle Criterion with Voxelization and the Flying Voxel Method in Reconstructing Building Models from LiDAR Data,Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 28:112-129.