Equipos Nucleares S.A. (ENSA)
Av. Juan Carlos I, 8, Maliaño, 39600, Spain
Since 1973, Ensa is a worldwide leader in the supply of manufactured equipment and services for the civil nuclear industry. Recognized in the nuclear industry for the quality of its products and high-tech manufacturing processes, Ensa is specialized in the manufacture of large components such as reactor vessels, reactor vessel cover heads and internals, steam generators, heat exchangers, casks for fuel storage and transportation, racks for fuel, etc. The modern equipment and facilities available are able to cope with the largest manufacturing components. Its Advanced Technology Center, with accredited laboratories, creates the opportunity to develop innovative manufacturing techniques and inspections. The staff consists of 455 full time employees with about 110 people in Research & Development.
- Mr. Alberto Gonzalez – click to view profile
- Mr. Luis Costas – click to view profile
- Ms. Rocio Camin
- Ms. Emma Merino
Advanced Welding Techniques; High Safety Hatches for nuclear fuel refueling operations; Advanced Distortion Simulation Techniques in the manufacture of structures for large facilities (ITER); Laser-based Welding Technology for the tube plate connection; Active Thermography project applied to weld inspection in the nuclear industry (TAIS); Development project of cast nozzle manufacturing technology for PWR fuel; Project for large nuclear component design & manufacturing technologies (G3+ and G4);Project of Photonic Techniques for Supervision & Control of Welding Process in the Nuclear Components industry (SISTER-1);Progress & consolidation of the Marine ROV project for offshore platform support (renewable energy program);Beginning of the wind turbine component machining project.
- Costas,L, Gomez, E (2004), RADWASTE MANAGEMENT, Spent fuel racks up, Nuclear engineering international, Global Trade Media, Progressive Media Group Ltd.
- Costas,L,, ENSA Solutions to Store Spent Fuel in Pool ,XXX SPANISH NUCLEAR SOCIETY MEETING ALICANTE, 2004 September.
- Gomez, E. Demonstration of the Structural Performance of ENSA’s ENUN 52B in a Range of Impact Scenarios in Storage and Transportation, PATRAM 2013, San Francisco.
- Luis Costas de la Peña, Javier Tovar Albillos (PATENT): Segmented lattice rack to store fuels coming from nuclear reactors.
- Luis Costas de la Pena, Javier Tovar Albillos (PATENT): Rack to store fuels from nuclear reactors.