Department of Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is ranked in 61st position in the top 100 world universities by the QS World University Rankings 2013. TCD employs a total number of 2936 Full-Time Equivalent staff, of which 785 are academic staff, 1496 are library, technical, administrative, and support services staff, and 655 are research staff. In 2012/13, there were 12174 undergraduates and 4472 postgraduates. TCD has officially endorsed the Charter and Code.
FP5 SAMARIS (Sustainable and Advanced Materials for Road InfraStructures), Interreg iiib – MEDACHS and Interreg iv DuratiNet, FP7 Marie Curie TEAM led by UCD, Calibration of the Eurocode Traffic Load Model for Bridges, Probabilistic Modelling and Structural Assessment of the partially collapsed Malahide Viaduct in Dublin and the Dursey Island cable car in Cork (Ireland), computational methodologies for Danish Rail.
- Quilligan,A, O’Connor, A, Pakrashi,V (2012),Fragility Analysis of the Performance of Steel and Concrete Wind Turbine Towers, Engineering Structures 36(2012):270-282.
- Sheils,E, O’Connor,A, Schoefs,F, Breysse,D (2012,) Investigation of the effect of the quality of inspection techniques on the optimal inspection interval for structures, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering: Maintenance, Management, Life-Cycle Design and Performance 8(6):557-568.
- O’Connor, A, Breysse,D, Schoefs,F (2011), Probabilistic Assessment of Deteriorating Infrastructure – A Component and System Approach, London, Springer.
- Pakrashi,V, O’Connor, A, Basu,B (2010), A Bridge-Vehicle Interaction Based Experimental Investigation of Damage Evolution, Structural Health Monitoring 22(4):285-296.
- O’Connor,A., Enevoldsen,I (2008),Probability based assessment of an existing prestressed post-tensioned concrete bridge, Engineering Structures 30:1408-1416.