If you are in London on Wednesday 24 May, join us for a half-day TRUSS Workshop (1.30 – 6pm) at Lloyd’s Register headquarters (71 Fenchurch st., Central London) to engage with key stakeholders and parties interested on Structural Safety and Infrastructure Management. Discussion topics include life cycle maintenance, risk & probabilistic analysis of engineering structures and structural health monitoring. We are delighted to be able to include keynote addresses from:
- Robert Dean, Principal Engineer (Structures) at Network Rail, UK, “Bridge Asset Management at Network Rail”
- John Doran, Chair of the Infrastructure Operators Adaptation Forum and Infrastructure Expert at John Dora Consulting Limited, UK, “Thoughts about the Risks in Adopting Risk-Based Strategies”
- Mark Girolami, Professor at Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London, UK, “Data Centric Engineering”
- James Brownjohn, Director at Full Scale Dynamics Limited and Professor at University of Exeter, UK, “Resilient Infrastructure: the Role of Structural Health Monitoring”
- Michael Habvro Faber, Professor at Department of Civil Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark, “Decision Theoretical Framework to Offshore Structural Integrity Management”
- Alan O’Connor, Director at Roughan & O’Donovan Innovative Solutions and Associate Professor at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, “Probabilistic Assessment of Bridges – Case Study Presentation –”
- Thierry Yalamas, Director at Phimeca Engineering, France,“Methods and Tools for Reliability Assessment”
Besides the presentations above, there will be a poster exhibition by fellows including examples of how uncertainty in structural safety have been addressed in buildings, and transport (bridges and pavements, ships and ship unloaders) and energy infrastructure (wind turbines, nuclear components) via the academia-industrial partnerships in TRUSS. Download flyer on TRUSS Workshop at Lloyd’s Register, London 2017
This event is free, however, number of places is limited and registration is strictly necessary. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
The workshop can be found within the interactive map of the campaign “Europe in my Region 2017“, in which people outside the project can learn more about what we are doing. This campaign runs between 2 May – 28 August to raise awareness on the achievements and benefits of co-funded projects to the regions.
This is an event jointly organised by Lloyd’s Register and TRUSS ITN consortium. The consortium is composed by: